Saturday, September 10, 2011

I don't think I'm the best blogger.. I'll try really hard to post more... :)
A lot of things have happened since my last blog! We went back to Austin for a week and were supposed to start chemo last Thursday, but that got pushed back till tomorrow! While we were in Austin we had a benefit at Baker St. Pub and a Pageant benefiting Hayden today in Houston! The Baker St. benefit was lots of fun! We sold raffle tickets for a bunch of gift cards that were donated by friends, Baker St., and restaurants in the area! We weren't sure how it was going to turn out but it was a giant success and lots fun! The pageant today was put on by a wonderful lady who we don't even know! She puts on beauty pageants benefiting children's charities and heard about Hayden and wanted to do one for her! We didn't think we were going to be able to attend because Hayden was supposed to start chemo last Thursday, but bc that got pushed back, we got to go!! And I'm so glad we did!! It was lots of fun! One of the pageant moms, who is very crafty, made Hayden a ton of hair bands with interchangeable bows & cute things and knitted hats!! One is a monkey!! How perfect is that!! Its so amazing to see how kind and selfless people can be! Puts a big smile on my face! Hayden became a Forever Angels Lifetime Queen, and got her own sash and beautiful crown!! So cool!
Since we didn't start chemo as planned (which I have to admit at first I was upset about it, I mean I have been mentally prepared to start that day for a few months..it was just kinda like What?!? but honestly how can you upset about having a few extra days!) Chris and I decided to spend the weekend as if we were on a mini vaca! Chris took off time to be with Hayden during chemo, so we were all together.. We were going to return to Austin for the next few days but the smoke in Austin is increasing and air quality is decreasing so we didn't want to take any chances, especially since the collapsing lung issue (which btw has completely fixed itself, but you can never be too safe)! Anywho, we took a little trip to Kemah Boardwalk, a little town about 45 min away, with a super cool little coney island type amusement park on the boardwalk. We had a blast! Monkey loved the ferris wheel, carousal, airplanes, and just spending the day hanging out in the beautiful weather watching the waves! Will definitely be going back there! Then Friday we got stuck at the dr's for a bit bc her central line wasn't drawing blood! I was like oh hell no, that would be a really bad thing..worse case: it slipped out of her vein and would have to visit OR again. But it was just being finicky (like the person it is on) and started working! Thank god!! We got out a little late but had promised to go to the zoo, so we did! Saw the important things..elephants, all the cats, giraffes... but I still haven't seen any zebras there, whats up with that? Afterwards we treated ourselves to Pappasitos!! Delicious! Today, Ariel came back to Houston (she's my guardian angel and is going to stay with monkey and me for the rest of treatments) and my dad came along to visit for the day. We loved Pappasitos so much yesterday we had to go back again today! (fyi..the pappas restaurants originated here in Houston and they are everywhere..its hard to resist!) We had a great weekend, I'm soo glad chemo got pushed back! :)
I wish it didn't have to start at all, but it does. So tomorrow is the big day. We don't know for sure what time yet bc they still don't have a room..which is why it got pushed back in the first place, they had too many kids on the bone marrow transplant floor.. they can't mess with the ones that are supposed to be starting their second or third rounds, but bc monkey hasn't started yet they are able to change the schedule up a little.. this is fine with me as I'm sure next month when Hayden has to start exactly 28 days later another child will get pushed back a bit. All of the little ones we know that have gone through their first round have done really well so far and we have high hopes that Hayden will too. Like I've been saying I'm going to remain positive and think the best! I'm using the things from the book The Secret... I know some of you thought I was crazy the other day when I was practicing my secret things with the MRI.. but it worked! So my new thing that I'm willing to happen is Hayden 5 years from now (with her big beautiful eyes and long hair) getting a plaque (right now its from Lance...its my vision, don't laugh) that says AT/RT survivor!! There is a big crowd and everyone is celebrating Hayden beating this monster!! Yay! It's going to be so awesome! I can't wait, it's going to be one hell of a party! :) Besides that, we're just going to take it one day at a time! Keep Hayden in your prayers! Last step of treatment guys!! Hayden has already gone through brain surgery and 6 weeks of radiation~ I just can't believe how amazing she has done and that we are 2/3 of the way done! 4 months and we'll return to the normal chaos of everyday life! Ah, I can't wait!! :) I will do my best to keep everyone updated! XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment