Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mark 11:22-23

22 So Jesus answered and said to them,
"Have faith in God.
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever
says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be    
cast into the sea,' and does not doubt
in his heart, but believes that those things
he says will come to pass, he will have
whatever




"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31



"Thy light shall break forth as the morning, and thy health shall spring forth speedily; and thy righteousness shall go before thee: the glory of the Lord shall be thy rear guard."
Isaiah 58:8

John 10:10 "The thief (satan) does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."


Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


Exodus 23:25 "So you shall serve (worship) the Lord your God and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you."


Malachi 4:2-3 "But unto you that fear (reverence, worship) My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. You shall trample the wicked for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this says the Lord of hosts"


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope


Isaiah 57:19 "I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him."


I love all these! :)

Today was Hayden's "rest" day before receiving her transplant tomorrow. Had she not had the infection we would be going home tomorrow too. But it looks like we will get to go home on Mon the 31. Whew, this will be our longest hospital stay! The blood culture came back negative today for the infection! Two days straight! After three days of negative cultures they consider it resolved but we still have to stay at the hospital to receive iv antibiotics round the clock. She's been running a really high fever, coughing, & sneezing so now we might be dealing with a viral thing :/ She's been placed on isolation, she can't leave the room and when they come in they are wearing full head to toe coverage.. So they don't carry it to another child with no immune system. This floor is crazy, but it's good. It sucks that she can't go play and she was very upset about it ALL day! There is this train toy that you ride, that she loves, and she wanted to go ride it so bad. I feel so bad bc I know it sucks to stay in her bed all day and at least he was able to ride the little train around the floor. They will send out a nasal wash tomorrow to see what's up.
No throwing up today or yesterday at all!! Praise the lord!! :) even took her off Ativan today, and still none! On the other hand, these super strong antibiotics are making a mess of her little tummy, I actually had to put a diaper on her :( BUT she ate today! After 3 days of not even a single bite, she ate a whole bean&cheese taco, and later almost a whole ham&cheese sandwich! Sooooo happy!! Yesterday all her electrolytes, phosphate,& calcium were all screwy. She was retaining water and not peeing at all. (which is a problem in it's own but also she has to pee every two hours while receiving cytoxin) her eyes swelled up and she could bearly open them :( but they adjusted all her fluids, and everything has sorted itself back out. Her eyes look much better. Fever still persisting but isn't getting quite as high. The other night it reached 104.6
Her mood has been off lately, she hasn't been her normal smiley good spirited self. She's been really down:( I don't blame her at all, i just know she's so uncomfortable and I wish so badly I could make it better. I know she doesn't understand why she's so sick especially when we try to explain the medicine we're giving her is making her feel this way. It's just not fair that she has to go through all this.I hate that we have to do All of these terrible things to her. I hate that she has to be in so much pain and be so sick. I try so hard to stay positive through this but watching your baby suffer so much makes it so hard. I just don't understand why. I try not to think this way but as I'm sitting here watching her breathing so hard, tossing and turning, rubbing her head and belly and whimpering I feel helpless. There is nothing I can do to make it better and I get so angry and sad that it's happening at all. I just try to remember that this will be over soon and we have to do it. We don't have a choice, this is the only way to save her life. Obviously we would do anything and if this is what it takes we can handle it.
I think this round has just been so much harder for all of us. Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm sure of it! Please continue to pray for Hayden that she feels better, fever breaks, staff infection is completely resolved, there is no viral infection, her belly stops bothering her, the nausea stays away, she can get off of isolation soon, rest easily, and that starts to feel like her normal happy self soon. PrAy for her strength and ours to get through this.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for updating this blog! you are such an amazing mommy rachael! keep your chins up! i cant wait to meet you girls!!!

    ReplyDelete